What is Azure IoT Hub?
Azure IoT Hub is a fully managed service that enables reliable and secure bidirectional communications between millions of IoT devices and a solution back end. Azure IoT Hub:
- Provides reliable device-to-cloud and cloud-to-device messaging at scale.
- Enables secure communications using per-device security credentials and access control.
- Provides extensive monitoring for device connectivity and device identity management events.
- Includes device libraries for the most popular languages and platforms.
Azure IoT Hub addresses the device-connectivity challenges in the following ways:
- Per-device authentication and secure connectivity.
- Monitoring of device connectivity operations.
- An extensive set of device libraries.
- IoT protocols and extensibility.
- Event-based device-to-cloud ingestion.
- Reliable cloud-to-device messaging (or commands).
The hub plays as a "bridge" role supporting lots of protocols making the generality for IoT communication.
Azure IoT hub may accelerate the development of IoT technology.
Reference : https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/iot-hub-what-is-iot-hub/
2 · Share on Twitter